Permits and Licenses

This collection of links contains useful information about permits and licenses and other services available in the County of Marin.

Applicable Codes

This page contains links to the municipal codes applicable to land use in Marin County.

Bingo License

The Marin County Clerk issues licenses for Bingo games in unincorporated areas.

Business License

How to obtain a business license.


Information about the Certified Unified Programs Agency (CUPA). Who they are, what they do and a variety of forms relating to hazardous materials storage.

Fictitious Business Name

Fictitious Business Name (FBN) Application Request

Land Use Permits

This contains permit applications and instructions for submitting your permit request.

Notary Public

Information about being a notary public in Marin County.

Permits and Fees

Information about building permits and fees in Marin County.

Process Server

Licenses & Certificates – Process Server Registration

Professional Photocopier

Licenses & Certificates - Professional Photocopier Registration

Transient Occupancy Tax

Marin County Transient Occupancy Tax code information.