Community Service Fund Program and Application Process
The County of Marin’s Community Service Fund program provides one-time funding allocations between $1,000 and $10,000 to nonprofit service providers or other governmental entities to fund specific projects or programs that provide a measurable benefit to Marin County residents. Funding is approved for the current year only and is not intended to provide ongoing financial support for the project or program.
Revisions to the Community Services program to improve transparency, program implementation and design were approved by the Board of Supervisors on June 2, 2015. Highlights of the program revisions are included below:
- Elimination of individual Supervisor sponsorship
- Instead of three funding cycles, there will be two - the application cycles are detailed below.
- The program is intended to support small ($1,000 - $10,000) one-time programs or projects. As such, recurring requests for ongoing needs may be given lower priority.
- Applicants must provide budget information for their request by filling out a table included within the application form. Priority may be given to requests that represent no more that 50% of the total project cost.
- Organizations that receive County funds through other means may only receive Community Service funds for a one-time project or an emergency need.
- All applications deemed complete and eligible will be accepted into the review process and posted on the Community Service Fund web page after the close of the application period. The posted versions will not disclose private information, as indicated on the application.
- Approximately one month after the close of each application period, the County Administrator will present all eligible applications during a regular Board of Supervisors meeting.
- Based on input from the Board meeting and additional review of the applications, the County Administrator will return with funding recommendations at a subsequent regular Board meeting.
- Awardees will be notified and final funding allocations will be posted on the Community Service Program web page.
Please review the Community Service Fund eligibility criteria for additional information.
Cycle 1 – August 1, 2021* to September 30, 2021
*Note: the Board of Supervisors approved an additional $100,000 per FY 21-22 cycle from federal relief funds and the CSF application is being modified to meet funding requirements. The new application link will appear here on Aug 1.
Cycle 2 – January 1, 2022 to March 31, 2022
View Program Applications for Cycle 2 FY 2020-21.
Included below for informational or reference purposes only are previous Board actions related to the Community Services program:
- Board letter and grant awardees from May 18, 2021
- Board letter and grant awardees from December 8, 2020
- Board letter and grant awardees from June 2, 2020
- Board letter and grant awardees from November 19, 2019
- Board letter and grant awardees from May 14, 2019
- Board letter and grant awardees from December 4, 2018
- Board letter and grant awardees from May 8, 2018
- Board letter and grant awardees from December 5, 2017
- Board letter and grant awardees from May 23, 2017
- Board letter and grant awardees from November 15, 2016
- Board letter and grant awardees from June 7, 2016
- Board letter and grant awardees from December 8, 2015
- Board letter and grant awardees from April 28, 2015
- Board letter and grant awardees from February 3, 2015
- Board letter and grant awardees from October 28, 2014
- Board letter and grant awardees from April 22, 2014